Skip to main content
Full Library Hours
Third Step: Questions to ask as you collect evidence
Your working title is: "Oversexed, Overpaid, Over Here: Prevention vs. Abstinence in British and American Anti-VD Campaigns"
When looking for secondary resources that will help contextualize the subject OR for primary material that will provide evidence for your narrative, these would be some themes to consider...
- Was the Red Cross involved with education?
- Were the governments involved?
- What were the methods of education? Posters, lectures in camps, radio announcements, songs?
- Were the methods different in American training camps then in British training camps?
- Did either country involve the local health care practitioners wherever the base was located? Were there translation services for local material published in a foreign language?
- Was the same educational material used overseas used on the home fronts?
- Did they enlist the help of prostitutes?